[mythtv-users] Delete + Rerecord

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Jul 17 18:51:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 17/07/14 06:14, Karl Newman wrote:
>

>> I just looked at it again. Mythweb appears at first glance to be doing
>> the right thing (grep for forget_old in modules/tv). I seem to recall that
>> it isn't just Delete + rerecord that has the problem--I think it's any
>> "forget old" function in mythweb. Possibly the backend is not processing
>> the FORGET_RECORDING command correctly? Or maybe mythweb is sending the
>> wrong command (it's been deprecated, perhaps?) Not sure; I don't have the
>> mythtv source handy to look into it.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> Looks like the frontend uses DELETE_RECORDING.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DELETE_RECORDING_%28Myth_Protocol%29
>
> The code path is a bit convoluted but ultimately it ends up here:-
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmyth/remoteutil.cpp#n110

Thanks, Paul. Mythweb uses DELETE_RECORDING as well (and the recording is
successfully deleted), but then follows it with FORGET_RECORDING. Looks
like the code just needs to be changed to add the "FORGET" parameter to the
DELETE_RECORDING command. So it looks like that should be an easy fix, but
I don't see any replacement for FORGET_RECORDING, so the "Forget Old"
button in mythweb won't work without deleting the recording. Not ideal.

Karl