[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct TBA Listings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:51:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/16/2014 06:44 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>> Actually, I believe the --dd-grab-all is the best fix, as it refreshes
>>
>> all of your data and is less intensive for SD.
>

> Yes.  Definitely.

Perhaps, finally, on 0.28, '--dd-grab-all' should be the default.
WIth an option such as '--dd-grab-old-slow-and-incomplete'
added (ok, probably '--no-dd-grab-all', but I like my option
better as being more descriptive).  As I recall, there is some
minor complexity due to option conflict checks, but certainly
doable.  The release notes (which no one reads, but...) would
have to warn those running substantially under-resourced
systems to override the new default, but still it would seem
that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few....