[mythtv-users] Metadata Now Writing 1x1 to DB when it can't find a match

David Linville dlinvill at networksdown.com
Wed Jul 16 14:02:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 16 July 2014 09:39, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I try to update TTVDB when this occurs (which is not very often). The
> uglier the missing artwork is the more incentive I have to correct TTVDB
> and add the missing data.
>
> here is an idea then...
>
> I can link to my photo whenever artwork wasn't found.
>
> I'm sure TVDB will get updated very quickly and often then

One thing to note is that TVDB policies can prevent users from correcting
data.  One obvious example is the ban on any sports.  Another example is
the very famous 40+ year old PBS show Masterpiece Theater that should be in
Season 44 but was locked at season 40.  This is the cause of the [4417]
episode someone above reported.  There is no way for any US user to pull
accurate metadata for that show.

It would be great if in the metadata cleanup there was a simple way to
fallback on generic coverart in these type cases.  Maybe just a jpg
somewhere that matches the series title as the absolute last fallback?

Locked Masterpiece Theater: http://thetvdb.com/?id=78257&tab=series
TVDB forum thread enforcing lock:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10536