[mythtv-users] Metadata Now Writing 1x1 to DB when it can't find a match

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:39:15 UTC 2014

> On 16 Jul 2014, at 8:13 am, "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a serie yesterday, which start at season 16 on TTVDB. So if you
> attempt to download arwork for a repeat which is S3E5, it won't have
> anything.
> and right now, myth just leave it without artwork.
>
> I thought it would be best to get what's there, and get the generic
> one (which you retrieve by providing no series or episode to ttvdb.py)

I try to update TTVDB when this occurs (which is not very often). The uglier the missing artwork is the more incentive I have to correct TTVDB and add the missing data.

I think a lot of this is individual personal preferences (for example advantages / disadvantages of none versus generic) so I am happy to work with whatever others decide is needed. Was just trying to add some suggestions / alternatives for consideration.