[mythtv-users] Display lost on HDMI TV power cycle

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 16:05:51 UTC 2014

Hoi jacek,

Monday, July 14, 2014, 5:24:01 PM, you wrote:

> What about keeping display power managment off
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Display_Power_Management_Signaling
>

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM, NickS <nicks272 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> Actually, after re-reading the post, the correct answer for
>> your particular problem may be to add
  >>
 >> Option "UseHotplugEvents" "False"
 >>
>> to your xorg.conf (or equivalent) file.

> Thanks  Gary, I'd not come across that before. I tried it (and lots
> of other  fiddling with xorg.conf) over the weekend and
> unfortunately it doesn't  seem to work. Here's my current /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:

>     Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier    "HDMI-0"
>          VendorName    "LG"
>         ModelName    "42LM620T"
>         Option        "UseHotplugEvents"    "false"
>         Option        "Primary"        "true"
>
>         Option        "DPMS"        "false"
>     EndSection
>
>     Section "Screen"
>         Identifier "Screen0"
>         Monitor    "HDMI-0"
>     EndSection

> which appears to be detected:

>     ~$ grep  "xorg.conf" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>     [  1114.119] (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

> but isn't having the desired effect.

> I suspect that the "UseHotplugEvents"  option is NVidia specific,
> as I can't find any mention of it in the  manpages for  xorg.conf
> or  radeon . It looks like EDID options (like  "UseEDID") are nvidia
> specific too, so xorg.conf with ATI is looking  like a dead-end :(

> I'll  keep searching and trying things (including your EDID kernel
> suggestion), but in the end I may have no option but to revert back
> to a  legacy kernel and proprietary ATI driver that  supports my
> Radeon HD 4250. In the meantime any other solutions would be most welcome. Thanks,

With nvidia you place
Option "ConnectedMonitor"        "CRT-0, ..."
in the device section, to force them on whether they are connected or
not. Where CRT is an analog connection (VGA or DVD-I with converter),
DFP a digital (DVI or HDMI) and TV is ...
Maybe if you google on that you can find a similar radeon command.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop