[mythtv-users] Still trying to get Ceton InfiniTV working

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Wed Jul 9 23:41:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Kevin Calvert <kevin at eleventhree.com> wrote:

> I've since moved the card back into my linux box, so the access is through the web interface. But the following is what happens when I set the channel to an hd channel then start the stream....
> <SNIP>
> Jan  1 19:09:52 ocur[21]: ocur: [0] Sending ca_pmt to CableCARD for program number 2203 index 0
> Jan  1 19:09:52 ocur[21]: ocur: [0] CCI 02 arrived for program# 2203
> Jan  1 19:11:36 ocur[21]: ocur: [0] Program number set to 65535, was 2203
> <SNIP>
>
> Kevin

Looks like that channel is set to Copy Once (the CCI 02 line). Only
device certified by CableLabs can record anything but CCI 0 / Copy
Freely.

===========
0x00 - Copy freely - Content is not copy protected.
0x01 - Copy No More - A copy of the content has already occurred and
no more copies are permitted.
0x02 - Copy Once - A recording can be made, but that is it.
0x03 - Copy Never - the content can be recorded and viewed for 90
minutes after transmission, and is not transferable.
0x04 - Content is Copy Once for digital output, but would have
Macrovision 7 Day Unlimited restriction applied on the analog outputs.
This affects content viewed either on an HDTV with component cabling
or on a standard definition TV. It also affects content saved to VCR
or DVD when the recorder is connected to an analog output on the DVR.
0x07 - Content is Copy Never for digital content (deleted after 90
minutes) and Macrovision 7 day/24 hour for content recorded from
analog channels. Content cannot be transferred via TiVoToGo transfers
or MRV, and cannot be saved to VCR or DVD.