[mythtv-users] mythvideo fails to retrieve video details (OS X application)

Greg Vickers daehenoc at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 9 07:23:00 UTC 2014

Hi Jean-Yves,

On 8/07/2014 5:02 pm, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 8 July 2014 15:51, Greg Vickers <daehenoc at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got a working Linux backend/frontend setup and an OS X laptop. I've
>> installed the MythFrontend on my OS X laptop and it works great :)  But when
>> I try to use my frontend on my OS X laptop, the interface says "Failed to
>> retrieve details for ..."
>>
> what version of mythtv are you using?
>
> You must use version >= 0.27.1 for python scripts to work
Hmm, it's version 0.27:

$ ./MythFrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27-186-g480589a
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140303-1
QT Version : 4.8.5
Options compiled in:
  debug using_corevideo using_backend using_bindings_php using_darwin
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libudf using_mheg using_opengl
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_taglib
using_debugtype using_appleremote using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libudf

I will see that there is a version 0.27.3 available from:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth_on_Mac_OS_X#Pre-built_Downloads

I will give that a go and see if mythvideo works with this version :D

Cheers,
Greg