[mythtv-users] Unable to fix listing after channel lineup update.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 03:01:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Oz Dror <odror7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The channel is actually listed correctly in schedule direct. The listing is
> incorrect. I have tried to re-add all lineups and then

There are a couple of possible issues, but
as I recall, at the time (this was many years ago
at this point), what I did was to carefully go through
all the MythTV channels one by one and verify that the
XMLTVid (and SD callsign) was the same as the SD
lineup that I wanted.  You have to use the mouseover
trick on the SD site to get the callsign (AMCP (Pacific
feed) rather than AMC, and the new XMLTVid).  Only
use the new names.  Tedious work, but mostly mechanical.
I actually did it twice, and found a few I had spaced on
(or did not save the update) and had the East Coast
callsign and/or XMLTVid.  Which got me the wrong data.

And then run MFDB and do NOT use the various
options to add all channels (or update channels)
since you might end up with the East coast
XMLTVid if both are still in the downloads.  Just
run with --dd-grab-all.

Eventually, the East Coast feeds appear to have
been deleted from the SD downloads, so less
confusion for me.

If you want to test, try this with just one channel.
Make absolutely sure the XMLTVid and callsign
is correct for the West coast feed.  Run MFDB with
--dd-grab-all and look at the results for that one channel.

If all else fails, I would try deleting the SD lineup,
re-adding it (and selecting the channels as appropriate),
and waiting two days (the wait is important(*)), deleting
your MythTV Video Source, and recreating it and
(re)downloading all the guide data from SD.

Gary

(*) To reduce the royal overheads, SD and TMS
cache various things.  I do not know how long it
takes the cache to be refreshed or replaced, but
I do know that if I make a change on the SD
site, and then try to immediately use it from
within MythTV, things seem "special".  Some
patience is required.