[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect Guide updates? World Cup: Round of 16: 1H vs 2G

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 15:43:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Tom Harris <thom.j.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb-json
> Thanks.  I downloaded that, and it looks like a promising replacement for
> mythfilldatabase.   But, I didn't want to make mythtv DB changes now while
> debugging another problem, so I didn't end up using it.

I think the only change I made the MythTV-specific tables was to add a
"lastModified" field to videosource; since the JSON service sends a
"modified" field for each headend during the initial connect, it's
easy for the grabber to check "is the modified field I've saved
locally the same as the date the server sent me?". If not, we know
that the lineup has been changed and we can either auto-update or
prompt the user what they want to do. (Display a delta, etc).

The other tables are to store data that MythTV doesn't know how to
handle, like the URIs to the images that are available.