[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect Guide updates? World Cup: Round of 16: 1H vs 2G

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 20:05:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Tom Harris <thom.j.harris at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the info.  Is there a tool or curl/wget query I can use to
> pull
> > program info?  That would help in debugging.
> > 1725 was the chanid in my db, the xmltv id for that channel is 45507
>
> https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb-json

Thanks.  I downloaded that, and it looks like a promising replacement for
mythfilldatabase.   But, I didn't want to make mythtv DB changes now while
debugging another problem, so I didn't end up using it.

I did find a schedulesdirect page to display the raw schedule data (
http://www.schedulesdirect.org/getdata).  That helps with my debugging
process.
It shows that schedulesdirect has updated data for the game.   Now I'm
still not sure why 'mythfilldatabase' with '--dd-grab-all' or
'--refresh-today' does not get the updates.

from the 'getdata' page:

<program id='EP017953380058'>
<title>2014 FIFA World Cup</title>
<subtitle>Second Quarterfinal: Brazil vs. Colombia</subtitle>
<description>Brazil, after winning on penalty kicks against Chile,
moves on to the quarterfinals against Colombia. From Governador
Placido Aderaldo Castelo Stadium in Fortaleza, Ceara,
Brazil.</description>
<showType>Series</showType>
<series>EP01795338</series>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>QTR2</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>
<originalAirDate>2014-07-04</originalAirDate>
</program>

I'm using a relatively recent version of 0.27-fixes, but I know there are
updates in the Ubuntu repository.  So, my next step will be to update to
current and re-try.