[mythtv-users] Custom perl script in OSX

CRAIG TRELEAVEN ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 4 13:15:12 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14, Rob Miller  <rdmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks all. You got me over the first hurdle, but I am working through several more now with this knowledge. Not even getting optimize_mythdb.pl(http://optimize_mythdb.pl) to run, I wonder if this macports install is working properly with perl. I'll keep experimenting.
>
> For the record there are two Myth.pm files in the following paths:
>
> /opt/dvr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.5/IO/Socket/INET
>
> /opt/dvr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5/12/5
>
> And now I'm trying to get DBI to work.
>
> Rob

Sorry, couldn't reply earlier. The problem, I think, is a version mismatch. The MythTV perl bindings are installed for perl 5.12 but perl 5.16 is also being installed. From memory, use /opt/dvr/bin/perl5.12 and it should access the installed bindings.

You should be using:

/opt/dvr/share/mythtv/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl(http://optimize_mythdb.pl)

The hashbang on these scripts has been modified to use the appropriate version of Perl/Python.

BTW, the installer you used puts virtually everything under /opt/dvr; no application bundles.

Craig