[mythtv-users] uPnP - new problems in 0.27.2

Ludvik Tesar ludvik.tesar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 22:58:48 UTC 2014

On 3 July 2014 16:24, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> Patches to upnpcdstv.cpp, upnpcdsmusic.cpp and upnpcdsvideo.cpp were
> included in JYA's big commit here:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/571513#571513
>
> I think I saw them described as IP4/IP6 fixes.  I'll see if I can make
> sense of them but someone who knows their way around could likely do it
> faster :-)

Hi John,

It seems the problem is that instead of correct port (which is 6544) there
is unicode character U+0090 in the soap response for UPnP. For example :
http://10.0.0.12
:<U+0090>/Content/GetRecording?ChanId=1001&amp;StartTime=2014-07-03T21:20:00Z

So, it is possible to hotfix that by returning just few changes to
upnpcdstv.cpp and upnpcdsvideo.cpp. (only these changes that deal with
getting the port number). I have tested that, it works ok and it seems to
be fixed without breaking anything else :

upnpcdstv.cpp
313c313
<         m_mapBackendPort[ sHostName ] =
gCoreContext->GetBackendStatusPort(sHostName);
---
>         m_mapBackendPort[ sHostName ] =
gCoreContext->GetSettingOnHost("BackendStatusPort", sHostName);

upnpcdsvideo.cpp
286c286
<                 gCoreContext->GetBackendStatusPort();
---
>                 gCoreContext->GetSetting( "BackendStatusPort" );
291c291
<                 gCoreContext->GetBackendStatusPort(sHostName);
---
>                 gCoreContext->GetSettingOnHost("BackendStatusPort",
sHostName);

(i do not have any music in upnp to test this, but I suppose similar change
needs to be done in upnpcdsmusic.cpp too)

Ludvik