[mythtv-users] Unable to fix listing after channel lineup update.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 3 10:42:00 UTC 2014

On 07/03/2014 02:59 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 03.07.2014 06:19, Oz Dror wrote:
>>
>> My cable provider (time warner) change many of the channels from eastern
>> to pacific zone.
>> for example the history channel was changed from  HSTRYHD to HSTRYHP.
>> The Chnnel number was not changed (i.e. 439)
>>
>> In mythtv-setup I deleted the source for the cable (I thought that by
>> doing that I deleted all the channels) Than I setup a new source and
>> updated it with schedule direct. After updating the database I am
>> getting both the HSTRYHD and HSTRYHP assigned to channel 439. The
>> channel-ID for HSTRYHD is 5439 and for HSTRYHP it is 6485. It should be
>> 5439 and I should not be seeing the old channel HSTRYHD. Because of the
>> wrong channel. Whenever I select channel 439 I get HSTRYHD, which is the
>> wrong one.
>>
>> For some reason mythtv has a "memory" of the old channel that cannot be
>> erased. Any ideas how to fix that. I have tried everything including
>> deleting the channel from the channel record in mysql. As soon as I do
>> the update I hat the old channel.
>
> This sounds like you did the right thing on the MythTV side,

Exactly, and you'll want to repeat the approach (to clear out the
duplicates) to be able to fix things.

> but I'm not sure what the right thing even is on the Schedules Direct
> side.

I'm assuming you're using a "non-scannable" capture device (i.e.
CableCARD tuner or HD-PVR or ivtv device or similar) since you said, "I
setup a new source and updated it with schedule direct," which I'm
taking to mean you used the "Fetch channels from listings source" button
in mythtv-setup to import your channels.

> It is possible that the lineup has not been updated at schedules
> direct, yet. Or that the update of your accounts lineup did not work
> out as expected.
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewforum.php?f=6 has some
> information on how to report or fix it.

This is quite likely.  You can try using the "re-add all lineups" button
on Schedules Direct to ensure your lineups have the channels that SD
thinks should be there.  If the same happens again, it likely means TMS
haven't finished the update.  If so, you will need to go through and
manually remove the old/extra channels from your Schedules Direct lineup
or wait for TMS to finish updating it.

Mike