[mythtv-users] Unable to fix listing after channel lineup update.

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 04:19:00 UTC 2014

Mythtv: 0.27
OS: Ubuntu 14.04

My cable provider (time warner) change many of the channels from eastern to
pacific zone.
for example the history channel was changed from  HSTRYHD to HSTRYHP. The
Chnnel number was not changed (i.e. 439)

In mythtv-setup I deleted the source for the cable (I thought that by doing
that I deleted all the channels) Than I setup a new source and updated it
with schedule direct. After updating the database I am getting both
the HSTRYHD and HSTRYHP assigned to channel 439. The channel-ID for HSTRYHD
is 5439 and for HSTRYHP it is 6485. It should be 5439 and I should not be
seeing the old channel HSTRYHD. Because of the wrong channel. Whenever I
select channel 439 I get HSTRYHD, which is the wrong one.

For some reason mythtv has a "memory" of the old channel that cannot be
erased. Any ideas how to fix that. I have tried everything including
deleting the channel from the channel record in mysql. As soon as I do the
update I hat the old channel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.