[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect Guide updates? World Cup: Round of 16: 1H vs 2G

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 2 19:42:52 UTC 2014

On 07/02/2014 01:28 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 7/2/2014 5:35 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> While MythTV has complete support for using any compliant XMLTV
>> grabber (including tv_grab_na_dd), XMLTV lacks support for some of
>> the data that's available from Schedules Direct and is actually used
>> by MythTV for Schedules Direct users.
>
> I can't think of any fields that aren't put *someplace* in the XMLTV
> stream.

There are a few, but I don't remember the specifics right now (and won't
have time to look for a few days at least).

> A better solution for MythTV is to use Robert Kulgowski's new JSON
> based grabber.  That includes lots of things that aren't available in
> the Data Direct feed. (images, episode numbers come to mind)
>
> There is a working MythTV grabber for it and RobertK is looking for
> testers.

Will the XMLTV grabber be switching to pulling from the JSON feed?  I
thought that would be the most logical approach--have XMLTV's grabber
use the JSON feed and then have MythTV use that grabber.  IMHO, it would
really be nice to have only one set of code for importing listings data,
regardless of upstream source.

Mike