[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect Guide updates? World Cup: Round of 16: 1H vs 2G

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 2 02:38:10 UTC 2014

On 07/01/2014 02:29 PM, Tom Harris wrote:

>>> No, and I run SD too. The only difference I can see is that I run with
>>> --dd-grab-all. Now recording: "Round of 16: Argentina vs. Switzerland".
>>>

> Thanks for the responses.    So, just to make sure I got the right takeaway
> from the above.  This means:
> b) --dd-grab-all gives a way to more efficiently update your complete guide
> data.   The daily update can be done with this option

And, FWIW, any time you need to "force an update" when using Schedules
Direct, you should use --dd-grab-all.  Anytime.  Even if your system is
underpowered, at which point you should shut down your backend systems
(meaning you would ideally find a time when they're not busy) and run
mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all by hand at the command line (using the
proper user/environment) and then wait (for 45min or an hour or 2 hours
or ... however long it takes on your system).  Then, once the command
completes, you can restart your backends and enjoy the updated data.

Mike