[mythtv-users] 0.27.2 released

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 11:39:31 UTC 2014

On 1 July 2014 03:26, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> the backend will not attempt to open a recording that is 0 bytes and
> that has been closed (it will never grow bigger).
>
> before it would accept to do so, and keep trying to read over and over
> until the client dropped the connection.
>
> now the backend just returns an error when the frontend tries to open it.

i've reverted that change. cmyth can connect now.

all I can see is that cmyth opens the file, doesn't check for errors
and then attempt to connect to the backend which refuses the
connection as the file wasn't successfully opened

the bug is in cmyth
can't reproduce the backend to crash (and can't see how it would)