[mythtv-users] 0.27.2 released

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Jul 1 08:31:07 UTC 2014

On 01.07.2014 09:44, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:47 PM, John Marshall<mythtv at marshallparty.org>  wrote:
>> On 6/29/2014 7:34 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>>
>>> A new 0.27.2 was tagged yesterday, following another merge with
>>> devel/027candidates
>>>
>>> Mostly bug fixes, just one new feature, the ability to start liveTV
>>> from the program guide.
>>

>> I just got the update and love the new feature.  Thanks.
>
> This update seems to be causing problems with the xbmc frontend.
>
> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198944&pid=1744858#pid1744858
>
> Any ideas why this would be?

Meh, can't they start a thread per release? That "issues with 0.27.1"
almost led me to dismiss the thread with an "update and reproduce"...

I've glanced at the commits but nothing stood out.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/0.27

When "it crashes the backend when I xbmc" => show us your backtraces
generic: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Getting_a_Backtrace
ubuntu: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Ubuntu_packages

For the general connection issues without crashes some logs that show
messages related to the connection issues would be helpful. Maybe one
can peek at the connection with Wireshark and see what's going on.
There have been changes to the handling of the 0-byte recordings, so if
that issue really is "it can't connect when I hit play" that might be
related.

Regards,
Karl