[mythtv-users] setup

James White jjwhite5092 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:24:29 UTC 2014

First time user here;

My church has used mythtv in the past for setting up super bowl broadcast
for viewing.   We've clearly used both homerun and the mythtv package as
they are both resident on our mac.  But the person who has set this up in
the past is not with us anymore.  So I need some help.  Here is what I know;

   - We have an antenna coming in from the roof.
   - It is attached to a device called HDHomeRun.  This is a device that
   sends over-the-air or cable TV signal into a local computer network
   - This is currently set up in the auditorium.  The signal is strong on
   the computer.  You can view it on the application called HD HomeRun.
   - In order to actually view the content from the signal you need a
   different program.  This is where there may be a different option with a PC
   vs Mac.  With Mac the only acceptable program is MythTV (which is
   complicated beyond anything else I have done on the internet).  There are
   more options for Windows and Linux.

Clearly we used the product before so I assume the configuration is still
there.   Is there a first step or steps I'm missing?