[mythtv-users] WOL - was Backend powered off/shutdown unexpectedly!

BobW bob_pub_mailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 16:25:05 UTC 2014

On 1/30/2014 5:58, Simon Fisher wrote:
> Some other WOL anomalies I experience which you might find useful to know about
>
> One of my machines will respond to a WOL unless it's had mains power removed since being shutdown. That is with the
> machine running I can issue a shutdown and later send a WOL and it will awaken and boot. If the machine is disconnected
> from the mains power and reconnected it won't respond to a WOL but needs physical press button to boot.

Sounds like you need to change the default power loss/restore option to
start up the system. Then it should fall back under WOL and automatic
shutdown / restart alarms.

I wish I could find a list of motherboards that work well with WOL and
scheduled startup/shutdown. I have two 5+yr old MBs that work great, but
the new MB I just bought is a total loss.

Bob W