[mythtv-users] Freesat Tuner Problem

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Tue Jan 28 14:43:06 UTC 2014

I have a TBS Dual DVB-S2 (TBS6981) High Definition Digital Satellite
Tuner.  When I run backend setup I can see both channels and set up the
Capture Cards but when I go to Input Connections and scan for channels
the first channel has signal strength 74%, signal/noise 100% and finds
plenty but the second channel has signal strength 46% signal/noise 0%
and quickly reports Failed to find any channels.

I have tried swapping the satellite cables and the problem remains with
the second channel.  Is there anything else I can try or does this mean
that the card is faulty?

Thanks
Mick