[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

Andre Ross andre.ross at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 27 19:47:35 UTC 2014

Sorry for the post and any data that should not have been in that post.
Thanks for the input I want to pay for source data and still record it for my own use on my own devices.

I have two sony hdmi receivers same make and model.

When I sent the output to the Hauppauge Colossus HDMI input.

One sony will give the colossus a blank recording.
While the other sony I'm able to record.

I did not hack or break the sony receiver it came from sony that way.
Question about recording programs DRM, DMCA, or terms or service.

If I record cable or shows from direct tv that pass thru the sony receiver and it lets me am I OK
or if not who would I be in trouble with.

I remember the days when got my first tivo and the war over commercial skip for over the air tv shows.
I know this is not the same thing but for a end user that just what to do his own thing I would just like to know.
It seems ok to record on the cable company device and or on a direct tv device,
but if I record on my own device how to I stay on the right side of the law?