[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:32:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> Wait a minute...  After going back through some of the old messages in
> this thread to find which FAQ entry you meant, I'm confused.  Are you
> really talking about recordings not showing up in the "Watch Recordings"
> screen?  Your channels should be irrelevant to what shows up in Watch
> Recordings.  Watch Recordings simply lists the available, already-recorded
> shows.  I have many recordings for which channels no longer exist (because
> of changes to channels since the recording was made).
>
> Perhaps you were talking about the "Upcoming Recordings" screen (Manage
> Recordings|Upcoming Recordings, IIRC)?  Upcoming Recordings lists the
> scheduled-for-future-recording shows.  It would be affected by the channels
> you have available/misconfiguration of channels/shadow channels.
>
> If so, it seems that the terminology was the reason we had such a hard
> time tracking down the source of the issue.

Yes, I am really talking about the list of recordings being totally empty
when I go to Media Library -> Watch Recording. That is, the shows I have
previously recorded do not show up there, despite being listed in the
database and existing as files on disk.  I have twice experienced this
problem in MythTV: originally while running 0.25 and once again after
upgrading to 0.27. Both times occurred after I had rescanned for channels
after changing my antenna setup.

I don't know much about how MythTV works, and while I did think the idea
about shadow channels should not affect past recordings, I figured I would
follow the advice anyway. Perhaps what is truly relevant here is that after
making the change, it ran 'mythfilldatabase' again and maybe that is what
fixed it. With that in mind, I just reverted my change to the FAQ.