[mythtv-users] Intel Haswell NUC

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:01:45 UTC 2014

I just got a Haswell NUC core i3 model... I am trying to get the software
Rendered to work instead of VAAPI due to the limited deinterlacing support
in VAAPI... I have installed the latest Intel Open source Driver stack with
the Intel-Graphics-Installer located here:

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/

When I try and run with the default High profile I get maybe .5 -1 frame a
second...

If I run via OpenGL it runs OK but the video gets choppy and the system has
lag when browsing the On screen EPG.

Any Ideas? Thoughts?

I am running Xubuntu 13.10 with Compositor Disabled in the Xwindow settings.

Thanks!

Greg