[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 27 02:33:24 UTC 2014

On 01/26/2014 07:11 PM, Tom Wheeler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Tom Wheelerwrote:
>
>     And now for the miraculous part... I rebooted the machine after
>     upgrading to 0.27 earlier today just for good measure. As I
>     reported previously, the program listing was still totally empty
>     afterwards. However, after shutting down the backend and
>     restarting it with the debug flags as requested just now, the list
>     of recordings started showing up again. I then rebooted the
>     machine again and they were still listed after it came back up.
>     Although it doesn't make much sense, the problem appears to be
>     solved now.
>

> I mention this only as an FYI, since I am planning on rebuilding the
> machine anyway, but the problem resurfaced again today.
>
> Although it does not make sense in my mind, the common thread with
> both occurrences was that it happened shortly after I rescanned for
> channels in the backend setup.

It sounds like you're creating "shadow" channels (i.e. multiple copies
of channels, of which one is properly linked to the source/getting
filled) or something.  This can also happen when you have
unconnected/partially-configured capture cards or video sources (but if
it's really happening right after channel scans, it's more likely shadow
channels).

I highly recommend always deleting all channels in a Video Source before
rescanning (ideally, just doing "Delete all Video Sources") to make sure
there's nothing extra in there that you may not notice.

Mike