[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Yianni yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 26 16:29:18 UTC 2014

> Is it possible that the GROUP for analog should stay "video", but the
> GROUP for digital should be "dvb"? I was able to get the analog card
> to take the symlink name, but not the digital one.   Daryl

The video group is a linux group to which a user  must belong in order to modify video devices (either analog or digital), it doesn't refer to the type of device.

To get a list of all the groups you are a member of, type "groups" at a terminal.

To add an existing user to a supplementary group from a terminal:

usermod -a -G groupname yourusername

I found the info at:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-linux-add-user-to-group/

Yianni.