[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 19:41:01 UTC 2014

Hoi Daryl,

There are two things about the rights.
The devices (not the links) in /dev should be readable by group video.
That includes the directory they are in. So a ls -l chould give
something like:
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 0 24 jan 18:50 /dev/video0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 9 25 jan 15:45 /dev/video1
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 5 24 jan 18:50 /dev/video16
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 3 24 jan 18:50 /dev/video24
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 1 24 jan 18:50 /dev/video32
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 8 24 jan 18:50 /dev/video48
 and the user that you're using to change should be a member of video
 on the machine. The grep showed that to be true.
 The other rights part plays in the database. The user there (which
 can have the same name but is actually another one) should have
 writing rights.
 The question is if it fails to open the database for writing or it
 fails to open the device. In the later case you should be able to
 save your changes by leaving the screen.
 Try rebooting after changing and see if on going back after to your card
 setup it gives info on your device.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven