[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1255 Model 22xx

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Jan 24 21:21:45 UTC 2014

>> Do I need a special kernel for this Hybrid tuner? I have searched with Google,
>> but couldn't find anything regarding MythTV and my HVR-1255 only HVR-1250.

Welcome to the community!

A couple pages.  The HVR-1255 is supported, but only digital at this time:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCIe_Cards

Early last year, Kernel labs called for testers on the analog side:

http://www.kernellabs.com/blog/?p=1836

You probably need to track down the firmware for the card.

I'm not a Mythbuntu user, so I'm sure others will point you in the correct direction.

Doug