[mythtv-users] setting up Video Library

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 02:09:42 UTC 2014

> On 23 Jan 2014, at 9:36 am, "Greg Woods" <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 17:22 -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>
>> The trouble is that where Schedules Direct is giving "Dr. Who", "Family
>> of Blood", TheTVDb contains "Doctor Who (2005)", "The Family of Blood
>> (2)", and the two are too far apart for the metadata grabber to identify.
>
> OK, I checked, and I plead guilty to not being sufficiently precise, and
> so I want to correct myself. I actually am getting "Doctor Who" from SD.
> So the default file name is "Doctor Who.mpg", not "Dr. Who.mpg" as I
> erroneously reported. So I presume that means "Doctor Who: Family of
> Blood" and "Doctor Who (2005): The Family of Blood (2)" are still too
> different to be matched.

If I recall correctly TVDB also has the original series listed as 'Doctor Who' which is why the new series is 'Doctor Who (2005)'. Just to make the fuzzy matching tougher. I'm pretty sure mine all defaulted to matching the original series until I populated the inetref at the recording rule level and then cascaded it manually to the recordings that had already occurred (new recordings inherited the inetref automatically). No troubles since then.

As a test update the title of this recording to 'Doctor Who (2005)' and see what happens then? May just be a matter of updating all the titles to get it close enough to work?

Or else just manually add the inetref to all your recordings to solve it once and for all? Highlight recording, press M, Recording Options, Change Recording Metadata, populate inetref. Using copy / paste it won't take as long as you think... maybe?