[mythtv-users] Antenna advise

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 22 20:19:58 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 02:35 PM, david brooke wrote:

>     If I can chime in here ---
>
>     I have a ceton 4 tuner card and comcast. I think it was the
>     smartest thing I ever did. I have excellant recordings compared to
>     my old setup. My old setup was 2 PVR150 cards and DirecTV. The
>     picture quality was kinda subpar because of the tuner cards
>     capibilites.
>
>     I can record 4 shows at once and be watching whatever. Although
>     the price tag on a ceton card is a bit high, You will just be
>     renting one cable card. This seems cheap enough really compared to
>     the 2 tuner boxes I had to rent off Directv. The cable card fits
>     in the ceton card (pcie card) and then you just make a pretty
>     simple phone call and authorize the card.
>
>     I understand the OTA quality is better than comcasts but my
>     girlfriend and I really enjoy the mythtv box now more than ever.
>     Im more than happy to help you or try and answer any questions you
>     might have also.
>
>     jdegraw

> Please give detailed info on the ceton unit. The model number, cost,
> where you purchased it, etc...
> Thanks

Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe - Quad-tuner Card for Watching Digital Cable TV on
the PC, PCI-Express x1 Interface
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815706001>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=ceton&N=100006662&isNodeId=1

At the time I bought the card it was about 200.00 bucks. I compared that
to renting my 2 tuner boxes from comcast and could see that the card
would pay for itself within a couple of years.

Model #: InfiniTV 4

jdegraw