[mythtv-users] setting up Video Library

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jan 22 19:49:59 UTC 2014

On 1/22/2014 2:25 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> I set
> up a mythvidexport job, and this "works" in the sense that it will make
> a copy in one of the Videos directories that I set up. But a subsequent
> copy of another episode from the same show overwrites the first
> (example: using  Dr. Who episode to test with, it creates a "Dr.
> Who.mpg" file in the videos directory, but overwrites this file if I run
> the mythvidexport job on a different Dr. Who episode. I don't get a
> videos/Dr. Who/Title.mpg file or something like that).

In MythTV, "Dr. Who" is the title, and the individual episode name is
the subtitle.  It sounds like your recordings either have no subtitle,
or mythvidexport is unable to match the subtitle with data from
TheTVDB.  Either way, it's treating it as a generic file, which defaults
generic file format to include a subtitle.

mythvidexport.py --gformat "Videos/%TITLE% - %SUBTITLE%"