[mythtv-users] Antenna advise

david brooke david2012brooke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:47:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:49:52 -0500
> david brooke <david2012brooke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I need advise on a proper antenna and I know there are
> > several variables to consider. I have researched these two sites:
> > http://antennaweb.org
> > http://www.tvfool.com
> > I have gotten alot of useful info but I really need to find out which
> > will be the best antenna since a lot of effort goes into getting the
> > unit, setup, etc... and I don't want to return one if possible.
>
> I use a Mohu SKY.  Its a bit pricey but I get 72 channels with the
> antenna in my attic.  The range to the most distant northern tower is
> 43.3 miles and the range to the most distant southern tower is 39.4
> miles.  The terrain around here is flat.
>
> --
> John Adams (mythtv at onevista.com)

I have read mixed reviews for the mohu sky. Most haven't been able to get
the multidirectional part to work but have gotten good results
directionally. If I read your post correctly you are getting both signals
from the north and the south  approximately 40 miles away each direction?
I'm not as concerned about the multidirectional aspect as I am the distance
and obstructions.  Do you have any obstructions?