[mythtv-users] BackBlaze hard drive study

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 14:00:09 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> >> Yup; *that's* the one I wanted.  Loses an extra rackspace, though; you
> can
> >> have 14 3Us, but only 10 of those and 2 empty spaces.
>
> I've been looking at this:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219021

I would highly recommend this case.  We have it filled 1/2 15k SAS drives
and 1/2 SATA SSDs in ZFS arrays and it has been amazing.  Though we use 5
gbit cabrds instead of fiber channel.  Pretty quiet for what it is and
everything stays pretty cool.  One thing to watch out for if you buy it is
drives' backplane takes molex power and that many can be rare on a PSU
things days.  We have a bunch of SATA to Molex adapters and Y cables.

Jon