[mythtv-users] Setting up/testing Hauppauge HVR-1100 composite/s-video input?

BIRD Neil Neil.BIRD at uk.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jan 22 11:55:39 UTC 2014

From: John Pilkington, Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:23 PM
> On 21/01/14 13:55, BIRD Neil wrote:
> >    I have a TBS DVB-T HD dual tuner for the normal stuff, ...
>
> I suppose you saw Paul H's comments here; slightly worrying, but
> good luck!
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/559850#559850

  Heh, I didn't, but I've read around how TBS are doing things.  Their primary issue seems to have come from the long turn-around required to get patches formally into the kernel tree, and they didn't have the resources to keep pushing it, so they ended up having to manage their own copy.

  I'd not really realised the extent of this (and am still not sure; their tarball does re-build seemingly all of v4l as far as the kernel is concerned), but I'll have only theirs and one more card, and that on an “old” kernel (SL6/RHEL6's 2.6.32).  The Adaptec is old enough that if it works at all it will work with that kernel/v4l version.

  Their closed source bit is only a tiny bit of it, IIRC.

  I'll report back when it turns up ...

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature