[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 22 10:20:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 05:20:20 -0000, Tom Wheeler <tomwheel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> What theme are you using? One of the default themes like Mythbuntu or
>> MythCenter-wide are good options (if you are not already on default
>
> I am using the default Mythbuntu theme, though the list of programs was
> still blank using two other themes that I tried.
>
>> Also what version of MythTV? Out of the box Mythbuntu defaults to
>> 0.25/fixes whereas current supported is 0.27/fixes. In terminal:
>
> That command reports v0.25.2-15-g46cab93, from the 0.25/fixes branch.
>
> I may have just stumbled onto another clue, though I don't know how to
> interpret it. I installed the frontend (same version) for Windows on an
> old >laptop. I can connect to the backend, and the system status and
> upcoming recordings are what I expect. What is odd is that the "Watch
> >Recordings" screen on the Windows frontend behaves exactly like it does
> on the Mythbuntu system. That is, it lists no programs and says 'No
> >recordings available or screen loading' across the bottom.

I wonder if your backend database has crashed tables. If so you should see
SQL errors in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log and can fix it by running
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
(whilst the backend isn't running)

Otherwise you can run 'mythfrontend -v database --loglevel debug' to see
the frontend/db interactions. Ideally pastebin it here and someone should
be able to spot the problem.