[mythtv-users] Recordings (date) sort order reversed - All Programmes v News

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 01:06:49 UTC 2014

A query regarding sort order of recordings. I believe the relevant setting is FE Setup / Video / Playback / Page 4.

I would like my TV Shows to sort by series / episode descending where there is series / episode info available (latest episode first). Otherwise I would like recordings with no series / episode info (like the news) to sort by recording date descending (newest first).

The default in FE setup I think was "Sort all sub-titles/ multi-titles Descending". This works as I want for the TV Shows with series / episode info available. It also works for the "All Programmes" grouping where the newest recording is at the top. However if I go to the "Seven News" grouping things like the news recordings sort oldest first to newest (ie reversed).

So I assumed changing multi-titles to Ascending ("Sort sub-titles Descending, multi-titles Ascending") would fix this and that "All Programmes always sorted newest to oldest regardless of settings. And indeed it does, the "Seven News" sorts reversed (newest first). But it also reverses the sort order of the "All Programmes" grouping to be oldest first.

Is this expected behaviour that the "All Programmes" grouping date sort order is always reversed compared to the other groupings date sort order?

I find it confusing because lets say I have two episodes of 'Seven News' recorded (title always remains the same) the topmost listed recording in "All Programmes" is the bottommost listing if I go to the "Seven News" grouping. It seems no matter the sort option these are always opposite?

Is this expected behaviour or have I stuffed something up locally?

For the purposes of testing I was using mythbuntu theme. I ended up testing all 4 options and the order in "All Programmes" was always opposite to "Seven News" for recording date sort order.

MythTV Version : v0.27-133-g99f5464
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20140103-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_mythlogserver using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2