[mythtv-users] Question on recording sizes and DVD burning

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 14:08:34 UTC 2014

A while ago I upgraded my hardware to include HD recording with a ceton
card and its been great. However, My girlfriend wants to burn some of
her shows to DVD that are 2 hours long. However the size of the files
are like 10 gigs. In mytharchive they can come down to just over 5 gigs.
The shows are 1920x? HD from comcast provider. I was thinking that
reducing them to 720i would be fine to make them smaller to fit on DVD.
This brings up transcoding (which Im looking into right now) and profiles.

How do you handle this?

jdegraw