[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Yianni yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 06:43:06 UTC 2014

> >> I'm looking into this again George, and I cut and pasted the rule you
> >> suggested into /etc/udev/rules.d and called it "capture-card.rules"
> >> re-booted and still the pvr 150 presents as /dev/video0. do I need to
> >> put further rules for the other cards also?

The additional udev rule file will not prevent the device from being named video{0,1,etc}. This is taken care by the default udev rules of your distribution. What it does is create an additional device named /dev/video-pvr150, which will always point to the pvr 150, regardless of its original name.

Yianni.