[mythtv-users] New HDMI Graphics card - no sound - fixed

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Sun Jan 19 22:29:48 UTC 2014

Thanks for the reply Jedi.

I tried loads of things and got nowhere, so decided to go back to the
start, took out the new graphics card and enabled the on-board sound,
nothing! Not working over HDMI or the jack socket!  So somehow I had
made things worse.

I tried a live CD, on-board worked, so I plugged in the new card again
and re-installed Mythbuntu, played with the setup there (which I am sure
I had done before) and I now have sound through HDMI on the new card.

I am sure there is a moral in all that somewhere....

Mick