[mythtv-users] codeset warning in mythfilldatabase?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 23:29:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 5:20 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Michael T. Dean
>> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>> > What do you get from:
>> >
>> > find /usr/share/i18n -iname '*utf*'
>> >
>> > (assuming localedef --help lists "System's directory for character maps
>> > :
>> > /usr/share/i18n/charmaps", as described in the post I linked above)?  I
>> > just
>> > want to make sure Gentoo isn't changing things around from "vanilla"
>> > naming.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Mike
>>
>> I get this:
>>
>> /usr/share/i18n/charmaps/UTF-8.gz
>>
>> I was able to get things working the way I wanted but only by
>> expressly adding a file to the gentoo /etc/env.d that expressly set:
>>
>> LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
>>
>> I'm still trying to find out if there's "correct" way of getting it right.
>>
>> Tom
>

> According to this page: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Localization/HOWTO you
> just need to add that line in /etc/env.d/02locale
>
> Karl

Technically having it in any file under /etc/env.d would probably
work.  However /etc/env.d/02locale is what gets written to by the
eselect program, and is intended to be updated my that.   If you
manually change the file to have LANG="en_US.UTF-8", eselect ends up
having that option added in addition to the existing en_US.utf8.  I
was hoping someone on the Gentoo forums would explain the "correct"
way to do it.  I don't even understand where that default en_US.uft8
in eselect even comes from, given that everything else involved has
the other name.

Tom