[mythtv-users] HDHR shows as currently not connected

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 17 19:44:22 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 02:38 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I have an HDHR connected my brand new install of 0.27.  It shows up in
> mythweb as:
>
> Encoder 1 [ HDHOMERUN : 1016467C-0 ] is remote on newmoon (currently
> not connected).
>
> and myth will not schedule any recordings on it.
>
> I'm stumped because master backend is on newmoon, and this should only
> come up if there is a slave backend?
>
> The only bit of docs I could find seem to indicate that the master
> backed (newmoon) thinks that the slave backend these are connected to
> is asleep....
>
> But I only have one backend, newmoon.  :headscratch:
>
> This indicates that I have something misconfigured somewhere, but I've
> been through all of the configs at least twice and I still can't find
> anyplace where I set up a slave server.....

This means you didn't configure your master as a master.  For example,
the "this server" and "master server" IP address values you specified in
mythtv-setup on newmoon may be different, or the mythbackend you've
started on newmoon is running on a different IP address, or the host
name (which is used to create the profile name) is different on the
system you configured as the master backend (such as newmoon.localdomain).

Mike