[mythtv-users] HDPVR HD Recordings are in 4:3 format

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 16 20:22:53 UTC 2014

> "the HD-PVR only
> captures at whatever resolution the settop box is outputting. It has
> no onboard video scaling capability. So if the video is in a lower
> resolution and it's well formed, then it's because that's what it
> received"

Yup, I had gotten confused on that.

So from Devin's comments, It's either TWC sending 720x480 over the HD
channel, or I recorded it from the SD channel. I'm pretty sure it's the
former as the HD-PVR is fed a digital group (per Schedules Direct) that
I limited to start at 100.  The analog input is from ananalog group
(again from SD) which is limited to 0 thru 99; it comes in via an HVR-1950.

Thus I have to push on TWC for this.  ... that's probably not going to
go very well.

I still have to work on setting my set-top-box to output only 1080i.
It's an SA-4250-HDC. Anybody done that?

Joe