[mythtv-users] Can't re-record some old recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 15 18:09:02 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 01:02 PM, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> On 15.01.2014 05:15, Karl Newman wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info David. The change is not quite trivial and there's a
>> lot going on in those patches that I need to understand. I don't know if
>> I'll get around to it... Sorry Thomas!
> I can live with that bug. I just hope MythWeb will not be killed altogether!

No, you hope that the ability to access MythTV via a web-based interface
will not be killed altogether--and it won't.  It's just that you'll no
longer need to set up Apache/nginx/lighttpd + php + MythWeb to get that
interface; instead, it will be available as soon as you set up mythbackend.

And, you'll never again have a problem where something doesn't work
properly in the web interface but works properly in
mythfrontend/mythbackend--because we'll no longer have a redundant
re-implementation of MythTV functionality in a completely different
language that's forever trying to keep up with changes.  Instead, the
web interface will use all the same library code used by
mythfrontend/mythbackend.

Mike