[mythtv-users] Category M "Missed" recording

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 14 16:00:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:11 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> How long are your scheduler runs?

This was the worst case run I could find in the last two days of logs:

Jan 12 22:12:58 mythtered mythlogserver: mythbackend[5033]: I
Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2207 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 1758 items
in 21.3 = 1.26 match + 16.94 check + 3.15 place

In all but three cases they completed in under 10 seconds, with an
average of around 5 seconds.

The machine should be well over-spec'ed for the job at hand.  It's an
AMD FX 8150 8-core 3.6GHz CPU, 8GB of RAM, and the database is on an
SSD.

>  And do you have any slave backends
> that could have gotten stuck or been restarted?

No, I do not have any slave backends.  Just one frontend/backend
combined system and two frontend only systems.

Eric