[mythtv-users] My scheduler problems are back again

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 14 10:08:26 UTC 2014

> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:53:32 +0800
> From: justin at smithpolglase.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] My scheduler problems are back again
//snip//
> Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the issue is that
> MythTV schedules the tuner used for a recording *in advance*. This is
> fine if the user doesn't use Live TV in Myth, but if he/she does, then
> I think it can cause problems like those described above.
//snip//
> Cheers,
> Justin.
I think it goes beyond just the impacts of LiveTV. For those of us that use DVB-T tuners that can simultaneously extract multiple channels from a single multiplex, tying up two tuners to the same multiplex when there are plenty of virtual tuners available on the first card that is already tuned to the multiplex can lead to recording conflicts unnecessarily (particularly if I understand the situation from Stephen's original post). Certainly I see what I would describe as the 'problem' before LiveTV is even taken into account.

However DVB-T tuners possibly fall into the minority case compared to the volume of network tuners / cablecards / et al in the US which will not suffer from this complexity.