[mythtv-users] Tune Backend from command line or API?

Bret Clark bac52266 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:15:58 UTC 2014

I've got a cheap Lava antenna before I knew better. Actually it works
well, but I find antenna will move slightly on windy days due to its
weak rotor? I've written (or hacked) a PHP script that will check my
signal strength of channels at various times, but I need to shutdown the
backend first before checking signal levels otherwise I get a message
saying my DVB card is in use. Is there a way to tell send commands to
the backend to tune to a channel whether via command line or via the web
API?

Google searches haven't yielded much in the way of results,
Thanks
BC