[mythtv-users] Replacing irexec - calling a script with remote using ir-keytable

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 13 11:27:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 06:08 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Even easier, in most cases Window Managers

Which as I have said before, shouldn't be necessary for "single window"
applications like MythTV on dedicated appliances.  i.e. if all that your
FE does is be a FE, with no other applications (i.e. like the mplayer
that some people strangely like to use with Mythvideo, etc.) there is
only but one window to manage.  Kind of like that that guy who calls
himself the IT manager but is the only person in the department --
managing himself, I guess.

> I hope you haven't thrown out the Window Manager
> baby

No Window Manager baby for me to throw out here :-) since I have never,
ever used a Window Manager with my dedicated FEs since I started using
MythTV nearly 10 years ago at 0.17-0.18.  Never had any window
management problems in all that time.  Even when I did use mplayer as my
Mythvideo player the last-started-gets-input mode of X has always just
worked.

Just my perspective *and experience* on the subject.

Cheers,
b.