[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 02:08:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 8, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Direction for sorting this out will be greatly appreciated.
>
> At the risk of adding to the confusion what are you trying to do? With all three cards in the system how many analog tuners are you expecting and how many digital? My guess is you have two of each but I'm not positive. You could do an "ls /dev/video* /dev/dvb" to be sure.
>
> Anyway with different drivers for each card it should be trivial to whip up udev rules to separate out each device but you'd have to post attribute list for all the devices.
>
> The driver options approach works too, I prefer udev but that's just me.
>
> - George

I'm looking to increase potential. The PC150U card has never worked
for me in Myth. Recently I was contacted off-list  by someone who got
the card working. Since I took it out of my box I've had no problems,
but if I put it back in I need UDEV rules (and I'm a novice with
scripts). Currently I'm experimenting with the card in a separate box
and as yet no joy. In wondoze the card has analog, Qam and FTA tuning
capabilities, and it is already paid for, so I don't mind playing with
it.

Daryl