[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime DHCP causing problems with Mythtv backend

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 21:16:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Ritesh Patel <rpatel88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Apple Airport Extreme. I don't think there is a way to force a
> particular MAC to a specific IP.

Any current firmware supports DHCP reservations (and I think
any shipping firmware for the AE; not sure about all the old
spaceship airports).

However, another way to handle it is to use the HDHR
device id rather than the IP address.  In that case the
libraries will search for the device on the network.  Note
that some configurations of routers/switches/firewalls
will not work with auto-discovery.