[mythtv-users] Do you often see Schedules Direct info getting down to 10 days or less?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 18:47:10 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 12:16 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Running .27-fixes.
>>>
>>> I usually have 14-16 days of Schedules Direct guide data, but right now
>> I'm
>>> sitting at 10 days.
>>
>> Usually this means something else is broken.  Network
>> (connectivity from the BE, firewall/gateway rules, dns resolution),
>> proxy server (if you are using one, or your ISP is using
>> one), local file permissions, disk storage space on any
>> file system (/tmp and /var are sometimes seen as full).
>>
>> That the run ran in less than a minute also suggests
>> something is broken.  First things first, check your
>> mythfilldatabase log, and see what it says.  And if
>> one can identify why the (likely) failure is indicating
>> success, there may be a bug there that can be
>> addressed.
>>
>> Right now, if it is worth anything, I am showing 16 days
>> of data.
>>

> SSH'd into the box. Can ping SD.
>
> Drives have at least 13GB and at most 1.8TB free.
>
> My mythfilldatabase log was last updated in September, probably when I did
> a manual run.

It's a very old bug, that I thought was fixed, but do you have a stale:

     /tmp/mythtv_ddp_data

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11195

As for logging. Look in mythtv-setup and see if you have a full pathname for
mythfilldatabase. If you re-set it to just the executable, then the logging
options used by the backend will be passed. [manual runs log OK]

http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/backendhousekeeper.cpp#n612

--
Bill